SMS and Voice APIs for Government Messages
Thousands of organizations use Plivo’s global cloud communications platform and voice and messaging APIs to power engagement with those they serve, including national, regional, and local government ad agencies, fire, police, and correctional services, and political campaigns.
Plivo APIs for communication?
for government agencies
Improve public service communications
- Provide routine notifications of meetings, updated hours, or closing times.
- Send emergency alerts and communicate public health advisories.
- Give constituents self-service access to documents and information via interactive voice response (IVR) menus.
Enhance security and improve internal office efficiency
- Protect private information by requiring two-factor authentication and one-time passwords for web portal and other secure resources.
- Automatically log all communications for recordkeeping compliance.
- Keep staff updated on hours, policies, and other information, and support inter-agency communications.
- Automated outreach to phone numbers within a given precinct, district, or state
- Compliance with carriers’ opt-in/opt-out requirements
- Use of both SMS API and Voice API for custom fundraising and communication campaigns
- A single local or short code number to allow coordinated communication and establish a single point of contact for the candidate
- Detailed logs for mandated record-keeping
- Certifications for security and privacy
High-quality, well-formatted content is more likely to be opened and less likely to be mistaken as spam by consumers, operators, and carriers. Follow these guidelines.
Yes, Plivo supports bulk messaging to up to 1,000 unique destination numbers in a single API call.
You can receive text messages from devices or people without writing a single line of code by using our PHLO visual design tool, or code an application in any of seven languages with the help of a Plivo SDK.
Zentrunk, Plivo’s SIP trunking service, provides a pure VoIP service for outbound and inbound voice calls. If you’re looking to increase the capacity of your current telecom stack, increase coverage, or extend or replace your on-premises infrastructure, read our Zentrunk guide to get started.