Plivo SMS Best Practices Guide
In today’s mobile-first world, it’s critical to have a handle on SMS best practices. SMS messages offer a way to directly send customers delivery notifications, account alerts, and two-factor authentication, as well as marketing and other customer service messages.
We’ve put together this SMS best practice guide so you can focus on content that captures your recipient’s attention – and worry less about the risk of delivery failure.
It can be surprisingly complicated to send SMS. Rules, regulations, and restrictions vary by country and carrier, and with many providers, there’s rarely a direct route from the sender to receiver. However, as a sender, there’s a lot you can do to maximize success. Use this guide to help you craft, format, and send great messages
Inside you’ll learn:
- The different types of SMS content
- The correct SMS number type for your content
- How to get opt-in consent
- How to craft good SMS message content
- What SMS message content to avoid
- What triggers a carrier review